Property indexing possible issue

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
sk2107

Property indexing possible issue

Post by sk2107 »

Hello,

since 2 days I moved a big amount of files form a path-mounted-drive to an external drive, after the move completed I felt that indexing properties for the new path is not running well, I put the filter !md5: k: as a way to monitor the number of files indexed but the issue that for a long time (more than a day) the number of files is the same and sometimes it increases (although there is no additional files have been added or modified).

I will attach a small debug log that may help to identify my problem.

Best Regards
Last edited by sk2107 on Thu Aug 08, 2024 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sk2107

Re: Property indexing possible issue

Post by sk2107 »

Additionally, I created a new instance and put the same sittings but only for the required external Hard disk and it is running fine, but the main one is still behaving as I explained before.

Best Regards
therube

Post by therube »

For some searches, you may need to manually Refresh the results list to see updates.

See if
View (menu item) | Refresh
changes things?
sk2107

Post by sk2107 »

Hello,
Refresh did not change anything, and I am waiting for property indexing to finish in order to try ctrl+F5 (although I doubt that it will make a difference).

Thank you for replying
sk2107

Post by sk2107 »

After some tests, I found that the freezing or slowness of count is because my filter is !md5:, I opened another window with the filter width: and only media files and the result was the counter is decreasing in a reasonable speed as most of the files in that drive are media files.

But still my priority is MD5, so is there a way or a trick to give it a priority for indexing?

I could create a new instance with limited conditions but the problem is that the 3rd party applications like total commander deals only with the main instance (as far as I know) and the integrity with the other drives in my system.

any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Best Regards
void
Developer

Post by void »

Thank you for the logs.

There's a lot of access denied errors (error 5).
Everything should have access to the files..

Could you please repeat the debug logging process with Verbose enabled (Tools -> Debug -> Verbose)

There's more information about the property indexing state shown in verbose mode.
Please let Everything debug log for a few minutes to catch any issues.

Under Tools -> Options -> Properties, is the current file being indexed changing? (shown at the top right) -or is it stuck on a certain file?

Everything will gather all indexed properties for a single file.
There's no way to prioritize a certain property.
sk2107

Post by sk2107 »

Thank you for your reply
Regarding the error access denied errors (error 5), I checked the volumes which are causing it and found that they are offline drives .

And yes, current file being indexed is showing in the status bar while moving the mouse over , that's why I changed the filter in the second window to width: instead of MD5 as I mentioned in my last post and the counter of the media files was changing smoothly.

I will create a new debug log and check it out.

Just one question; is there a way to stop the property indexing temporally in order use ctrl+F5 for some specific files, because as I noticed that it is applied only after the property indexing is totally completed.

Thank you again and best regards
void
Developer

Post by void »

Just one question; is there a way to stop the property indexing temporally in order use ctrl+F5 for some specific files, because as I noticed that it is applied only after the property indexing is totally completed.
Ctrl + F5 will add the property request to the end of the queue.
I will consider adding the Ctrl + F5 property request to the start of the queue.
sk2107

Post by sk2107 »

That would be great.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards