Tutorial about Everything

Off-topic posts of interest to the "Everything" community.
ChrisGreaves

Tutorial about Everything

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Please see also Tutorials
I have begun work on writing a Tutorial on Everything, aimed at Everyone - beginner and expert alike.

I need up to three people to guide and steer my efforts.

If you are a Raw Beginner or an Accomplished Expert there is a position for you.

A reference document in MSWord2003 format is available at https://www.chrisgreaves.com/Downloads/EditorialBoard.doc, but you may not be able to download it from within the Everything Forum; try downloading it directly from your Browser.
A PDF version is available at https://www.chrisgreaves.com/Downloads/EditorialBoard.pdf

Thanks, Chris Greaves
Last edited by void on Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: cleaned up URLs
Raindrops

Re: Tutorial about Everything

Post by Raindrops »

This is wonderful!

Thanks for this effort!

I would like to join this effort as volunteer.
It would be best to share the document as good doc, so that we can edit it collaboratively.

I have prepared 10+ whole user manuals for free software that I use and love.
They are in the form of wiki, LibreOffice odt files, static web pages, etc.
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Raindrops wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 3:27 amI would like to join this effort as volunteer.
Hi Raindrops, and thank you for volunteering. I recall that two years ago you were very interested in formatting and layout, but that always comes at the end of gathering, designing, and assembling content. I have (obviously) gone ahead with content because two years ago there was little interest in that; responses seemed to focus on Fonts and other important details for the final presentation, but which have no bearing at all on the overall design of a training device, as I am sure you know.

I have sought new users as volunteers over the past two years, with little success.

We don't need a new user to slave through the mass of content, but it would be handy to have a new user read a specific section of interest to their immediate needs, and give feedback on a specific page (or two), to let us know just how readable the content is and how they receive the design of links that reference directly into appropriate posts in the forums.

The VoidTools Forums remain the most valuable mass of data in terms of knowledge and support; the tutorials seek to focus the new user on specific answers to specific and immediate needs.
Cheers, Chris
Raindrops

Post by Raindrops »

Yes, indeed!

I often wondered about the manual.

I like to be a power user of whatever app I use.
But my weakness is that I am lost without a systematic user manual.

In case of Everything, I have barely scratched the surface for want of a UM.
Hence the interest!

I checked out the links you have provided here, but they do not lead to the full manual.
Can you please share the UM link?

Thanks inadvance!